Merry Wanderer of the Night + quirk classics

Dawn of the Dreadfuls

Quirk Classics, the publisher of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: The Classic Regency Romance - Now with Ultraviolent Zombie Mayhem!

and Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters

is coming out with a new book March 23, 2010 called Dawn of the Dreadfuls. It is a prequel to Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and will tell how Elizabeth Bennett achieves the character in Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

I have not read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies so I am not exactly sure what to expect in the prequel but I am excited for it nonetheless. I am reading Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters though, so I know the kind of attitude to expect. These books are playful and fun, although they do move away from some of the main concepts in the originals.

There has been a lot of discussion about the Quirk Classics books. Many people feel that they are cheap because they are ripping off books that are already famous to secure their own success. Some people have said that they feel the books are thrown together and the insertions of zombies or sea monsters doesn't feel complete. I see the merit in these arguments, but I do like Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters so far, I feel like it's a nice break in my pretty serious and dense reading schedule. I'll say more about that in my review of the book next week, so check back soon!

Has anyone else read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies or have strong thoughts on Quirk Classics?

dawn of the dreadfuls, jane austen, and more:

Dawn of the Dreadfuls + quirk classics