Merry Wanderer of the Night + what i'm reading monday

What I'm Reading Monday

Thanks to J. Kaye's Book Blog I'm going to start posting what I'm reading this week and what I've recently finished.

Finished

North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell is a classic novel that I read for my Prose By Women Writers class. This is the kind of book I typically enjoy though (I'm a Jane Eyre fanatic) so it was more fun than work for me. My favorite aspect of the book is that it allowed the working class to speak for themselves, a rarity in Victorian literature.
Emma: A Victorian Romance Volume One by Kaoru Mori is a great graphic novel that I found out about last week. I promptly purchased Volumes One and Three from Daydream Comics in Iowa City, they unfortunately didn't have Volume Two. The graphic novel is based in Victorian London and is about a romance between a male of the gentry and a maid. Mori does an amazing job capturing several aspects of Victorian society, I will be posting a review this week.

And Only to Deceive by Tasha Alexander is a mystery novel that I could not put down, although to be fair I was reading it during Dewey's Readathon. It is a Victorian mystery about a woman who falls in love with her husband after his death... or is he really dead? I will be posting a review this week.

Currently Reading
Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters by Jane Austen and Ben H. Winters. I just finished Sense and Sensibility for class so I'm excited for this modern spin.

Lady Audley's Secret by Mary Elizabeth Braddon is a Victorian sensation novel

And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie is a mystery I'm reading for Barnes and Noble's Literature By Women Book Club.

novel, TIME, and more:

What I'm Reading Monday + what i'm reading monday