Merry Wanderer of the Night + writing

NANO Update: The End

I finally finished NaNoWriMo last night. I don't really feel like I have finished a novel. Like my boyfriend said, I just feel like I've written a bunch of words. I have two weeks left of school and then I want to go back and read my novel. There are several things I know need to be changed. At one point my main character was going to get a job and then I just sort of forgot about that part. I really didn't know where my story was going to end up, so the ending has a lot of build up to the ending and I think there needs to be more in the beginning for it all to make sense. I'm looking forward to reading my boyfriend's novel more than mine because his sounds absolutely ridiculous.

Final Word Count: 50,032
Pages: 207
Total Time Spent Writing: 24.5 hours
Revisions: 135

Congratulations to everyone else who finished a novel this month! If you didn't end up finishing your novel that's okay, there is still hope. I failed miserably last year and succeeded this year even though I was ten times busier. And if you didn't participate this year, you really should do it next year! I'm planning on it.

Sidenote: I know college students use "not enough time" as an excuse to skip NaNo, but I managed to get it done on top of work and all my other responsibilities. It was a great homework break and now that I have thirty pages to write this week I am not scared. The tactics I used to help complete NaNo have turned into really useful tools for completing papers. Plus, once you have written 50,000 words in 30 days you realize that nothing is impossible.

hope, nanowrimo, novel, TIME, and more:

NANO Update: The End + writing