Merry Wanderer of the Night + LIFE

College: Rising and Falling

I've been a bit absent in the blogging world lately, but there are many reasons why. This past week has been nothing but rising and falling emotions, and just when I think everything has hit the lowest point possible something good happens to pull me out of my slump. It has truly been the weirdest week ever. It mostly has to do with internships, jobs, classes, and grades. I didn't get an internship I'd applied for but then I heard back about a great volunteer archiving opportunity for me this summer. Just when I figured out I could do that I couldn't find away to get home for the interview for this volunteer project. Then I had to jump through a bunch of hoops to figure that out, including getting rides and getting work off. And that's just what got the ball rolling- there have been many more since then.

This is weird for me though. For most of my life it has been my experience that the worst stuff always comes at once and there are only really little things that help pull you out of that slump. This week has not been like that. It has been like humongous things get ruined but then really, really awesome things replace it. This has been thinking (once again) that my mom was right (don't tell her!) when she said everything happens for a reason. I don't think I ever really bought into that until this week. It seems like it's true really. I haven't been getting things I thought I really wanted, but I have been getting unexpected things that are really better for me.

So what about you? Do you think everything happens for a reason? Have experienced these weird ups and downs and all arounds (in about a three day span?)

college, english major, and more:

College: Rising and Falling + LIFE