Merry Wanderer of the Night + TIME

May Wrap-Up

Overall, I thought May was a kind of disappointing month. In the middle of finals and projects and staying with a friend for a week there just wasn't very much time for reading. In fact, all six of these books were finished in the last two weeks of the month I think. And the grades are, well, fairly mediocre. Sunflowers wasn't as good as I wanted it to be, Dead End Gene Pool lacked some personality, American Born Chinese was good, albeit a little quick to end, Just Kids was really good in the beginning, but overall lacking, This Book is Overdue pretty much saved the month, and I've yet to review Scrolling Forward but while it offered a lot of interesting ideas I think the writing style was in need of some serious help. So let's hope June is a better month for me, although I've yet to finish anything yet. I think I might be in a bit of a slump right now.

1. Sunflowers by Sheramy Bundrick (B)
2. Dead End Gene Pool by Wendy Burden (C)
3. American Born Chinese by Gene Luen Yang (B)
4. Just Kids by Patti Smith (B)
5. This Book is Overdue! How Librarians and Cybrarians Can Save Us All by Marilyn Johnson (A)
6. Scrolling Forward: Making Sense of Documents in the Digital Age by David M. Levy (B)

How was your May?

hope, lists, may, and more:

May Wrap-Up + TIME