Merry Wanderer of the Night + TIME

Reading Reviews

Do you read book reviews? Do you let them change your mind about reading/not reading a particular book?

I read book reviews a lot, mostly through blogs. I do read Bookmarks Magazine and the Believer as well, sometimes I find books I do or do not want to read through those magazines. I think reviews usually push me further in a direction about a book. Usually coming into a review I can already kind of tell if I'd like the book based on the subject matter and a review will often confirm my feelings. Sometimes I read a really positive review but coming away feeling like I don't want to read the book because things the reviewer liked about it I don't think I would like.

But when I review books, I do hope someone will decide to read books that I give positive reviews and perhaps be more wary of books I give negative reviews. I hope people who read my reviews regularly get a good sense of how my tastes work with theirs so that they can find books they really love. That is honestly why I read reviews anyway, to find more books I think that I will love.

This meme is hosted at Booking Through Thursday.

booking through thursday, hope, and more:

Reading Reviews + TIME