Merry Wanderer of the Night + sunday salon

Sunday Salon: Do Nothing But Read Day
The Sunday Salon.com

Today is Do Nothing But Read Day, which is kind of like a readathon but more relaxed. We're not staying up for 24 hours trying to read, we're just relaxing and spending the day reading as much as we can. Here is a little information about the day:

On December 3, 2009, Amanda Lanyon-LeSage said something on Facebook that could possibly change the world. She merely wished that she could take a day off and do nothing but read. Her idea was seconded–and thirded and fourthed–and then it happened for real.
The first Do Nothing But Read Day was held on Sunday, December 20, 2009. Hundreds of people took a day off from the mad rush of holiday preparations and other things to just read.
Required:

  • You have to read. This can be whatever format you want: paperback, hardcover, eBook, newspaper, comic book, etc.
  • You have to enjoy yourself.
Because many of us like nothing better than doing nothing but reading, we’ve decided to make Do Nothing But Read Day an ongoing event.

Yeah, how awesome is that? If you're not doing anything today you can still sign up at their website, Do Nothing But Read Day and you'll be entered to win some prizes! You just have to sign up before 11:59 tonight.

Today I'm going to start off by finishing The Imperfectionists by Tom Rachman, which I only have about sixty pages left in. Then I'm going to move on to the Passage by Justin Cronin. I'm about halfway through that one right now so it will be interesting to see how far I can get in it. I'd like to read at least a little bit of Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell today and then I'm going to read some of No One Belongs Here More Than You by Miranda July for breaks.

I'm off to go read! I'll post an update later of exactly what I accomplished- happy reading!

do nothing but read day, happy, and more:

Sunday Salon: Do Nothing But Read Day + sunday salon