Merry Wanderer of the Night + podcasts

Book Podcasts

Do you ever listen to book-related podcasts? If so, which ones and why? (Include the URLs for people who aren’t familiar with them.) Or, of course, there’s the flip side … did you even know that such a thing existed? (I ask because I know a lot of people who have no idea what a podcast is.)

I do listen to book-related podcasts, usually when I'm walking. My absolute favorite is Books on the Nightstand with Michael Kindness and Ann Kingman. I have added a ridiculous amount of books to my TBR because of their podcast and they always make me think about bookish related things, like e-books and big books, when I had really considered them before. I recently started listening to the Do Nothing But Read podcast with Amanda and Brandon. Amanda also hosts Do Nothing But Read Day I participated in a few weeks ago. They are hilarious and talk about different sorts of books than Books on the Nightstand does. I, of course, listen to KCRW's Bookworm with Michael Silverblatt. This features a lot of literary fiction, poetry, and essays and it's more of an interview podcast instead of two people talking about books. I look both platforms, and Michael Silverblatt is great at interviews. I learned about Patti Smith's memoir, Just Kids, through Bookworm and I probably wouldn't have read that book if I hadn't found out about it through the podcast. Those are really the only three podcasts I keep up with right now, but I'd love to listen to more! I prefer listening to podcats on my iPod so usually I use iTunes to hear about different podcasts.

How about you? Do you listen to podcasts? What are some of your favorites? You can also join the conversation at Booking Through Thursday.

booking through thursday, and more:

Book Podcasts + podcasts