Merry Wanderer of the Night + TIME

I'm Disappointed In You

Name a book or author that you truly wanted to love but left you disappointed. (And, of course, explain why.)

One book that really disappointed me was Slam by Nick Hornby. It was one of the few books I've ever read where I couldn't make it past 50 pages. Part of me wonders if I just wasn't in the mood for the book at the time I read it, but it's gotten lackluster reviews on Goodreads as well so I think it might just be a lemon. I adore Nick Hornby, but this book just didn't do it for me. The character in the book is a young boy who likes to skateboard and if I remember correctly his home life is not so great. This was written as a young adult book and I think Hornby took down his writing style way too much. It was not the usual clever, witty Hornby I knew. That book actually kind of put me off Hornby for awhile.

Have you read this book? Did you react differently or similarly to me? Do you have an author who left you disappointed?

Join in at Booking Through Thursday.

booking through thursday, LIFE, and more:

I'm Disappointed In You + TIME