Merry Wanderer of the Night + TIME

Let's Talk About Books

Do you have friends and family to share books with? Discuss them with? Does it matter to you?

I talk about books with people I know a lot because I take so many English classes where everyone has to read the same book. This can be extremely enjoyable or incredibly painful depending on the class, the professor, and the book we're reading. Talking about books is probably my favorite part of being an English major. Outside of the classroom I have a small group of friends who read a lot of the same books I read and we talk about them when we get the chance. These are usually less in-depth conversations that are more about what we liked or didn't like about the books, but the kind of books we've read typically yield this kind of talk rather than a more formal analysis. I would say it does matter to me, I don't need to have someone to talk to about every book I read, but I think I get a lot more out of reading when I can talk about how I feel about the book with another person. Sometimes my boyfriend ends up listening to me drone on about books he hasn't read just because I have things to say about it. He's a good sport though! And of course I have all of my blogging friends who I love to talk books with!

How about you? You can join in the conversation or look at other responses at Booking Through Thursday.

booking through thursday, and more:

Let's Talk About Books + TIME