Merry Wanderer of the Night + TIME

First Time

What is the first book you remember reading? What about the first that made you really love reading?

My grandma taught me how to read and I remember reading The Three Little Pigs more vividly than other book we read together. I twas a pretty old copy, one my dad had when he was a kid, and I remember thinking all of the animals looked kind of mean, not just the wolf. My grandma has a different way of reading, she doesn't really do voices but she changes her pitch higher and lower for the feelings of the characters. She used to read the book and then give it to me to try and read to her. The first book I remember that really made me love reading was actually a book series called Pony Pals. I read it in first grade and thought it was so neat because it had journal entries and pictures in it, so it felt like you were friends with the characters in the book. In third grade I read Anne of Green Gables and that was also a big favorite of mine, it was a longer chapter book at the time and I remember feeling pretty accomplished when I finished it.

What about you? You can join in at Booking Through Thursday!

booking through thursday, and more:

First Time + TIME