Merry Wanderer of the Night + top ten tuesdays

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Can't Believe I've Never Read

This week at the Broke and Bookish the list is top ten books I can't believe I've never read. Up until last night The Catcher in the Rye would have made the top of my list, but I finished it last night! Finally I can stop pretending I've read that book!

1. 1984 by George Orwell. I've read tons of other dystopian novels but I just haven't read this one. Most people read it in high school but we had three choices and I chose a different book. Must read this within the next year.
2. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. I just haven't given much thought to this book but I'd like to read it someday.
3. Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell. I started this book and got about 100 pages in, and just stopped. It's not that I didn't enjoy it I just don't think it was the right time for me to read it.
4. Anything by Ian McEwan. I keep hearing his praises and haven't read anything by him. I guess I'm really missing out!
5. Anything by Charles Dickens. I've taken three Victorian Lit classes and still no Dickens! How am I supposed to get through one of those things without the support of a classroom?
6. Oranges by John McPhee. Basically I just need to read more John McPhee. Because he is amazing.
7. Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys. A die hard Jane Eyre fan like me?!? And this book is super short, must read it!
8. The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon. I've tried reading this book several times and just haven't been able to get into it yet. But I want to read it so badly!
9. IV: A Decade of Curious People and Dangerous Ideas by Chuck Klosterman. I was amazingly excited when this book came out and I still haven't even bought it... four years later. And I love Chuck Klosterman. What kind of fan am I?
10. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins! Okay, so it didn't come out until today, but why am I blogging and not reading it right now?!?!

lists, novel, TIME, and more:

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Can't Believe I've Never Read + top ten tuesdays