Merry Wanderer of the Night + TIME

The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay Readalong

I have decided to host my first readalong! The book I want to read is The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay

by Michael Chabon. This is a book that I've had for at least six years and I have started multiple times, only to set it aside for something else. Well it's time to read it! I've read so many rave reviews of this novel and know a lot of people with similar taste to me who loved it. I want to do this as a readalong because I thought maybe if some of you joined me in reading the book I might actually finish it this time! And if you're rereading it, all the better.

Here is the description from the back of the book: Joe Kavalier, a young Jewish artist who has also been trained in the art of Houdini-esque escape, has just smuggled himself out of Nazi-invaded Prague and landed in New York City. His Brookly cousin Sammy Clay is looking for a partner to create heroes, stories, and art for the latest novelty to hit America- the comic book. Drawing ont heir fears and dreams, Kavalier and Clay create the Escapist, the Monitor, and Luna Moth, inspired by the beautiful Rosa Sakes, who will become linked by powerful ties to both men. With exhilarating style and grace, Michael Chabon tells an unforgettable story about American romance and possibility.

My copy is about 560 pages, so it's on the longer side of things. I'd like to have it finished by mid-October November, so I think this readalong will end on October 18 November 1. If you'd like to participate then on October 18 November 1 you can come here to post your thoughts on the book, and if you have a review then you can share that with us as well. Towards the end of this month I think I will post a progress report of my own and check in to see how everyone else is doing, if they've started yet. I really hope some of you join me in this readalong! The book is supposed to be fantastic, it won a Pulitzer after all, and it's something I think a lot of you would enjoy. I've included a Mr. Linky here where you can sign up with the name of your blog so I can get an idea of how many people want to participate, and if you'd like you can post about the readalong on your blog (I'd really appreciate it!) and link back to that.

Please help me read this book!

I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you make a purchase using one of my links I will earn a small percentage which will then go back into this blog.

fantastic, hope, love story, novel, read along, and more:

The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay Readalong + TIME