Merry Wanderer of the Night + TIME

Sunday Salon: September Wrap-Up
The Sunday Salon.com

September was a bit of a hard month for me because I got so used to reading 10 books a month during the summer and once school started I had to cut down my reading a lot. October will probably be even worse because I have so many midterms and projects coming up. Still, I read quite a few books last month.

1. About a Mountain by John D'Agata (B)
2. Best American Essays 2008 edited by Adam Gopnik (B)
3. Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris [audiobook] (B)
4. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larson (C)
5. Manhood for Amateurs by Michael Chabon [audiobook] (B)
6. The Imposter's Daughter by Laurie Sandell (C)
7. Slouching Towards Bethlehem by Joan Didion (B)

As I said earlier this month audiobooks are pretty much saving me right now. I listen to them at work and then I feel like I'm getting something done at least. What I've discovered this month is that I need to be much less harsh on myself in regards to how much I'm reading. I feel like if I go to bed without reading I wasted the day. On the flipside of that, I feel now more than ever that I need to read just to keep my heads on my shoulders. This semester I'm not reading full length books in any of my classes, most essays and literary criticism, so I have to work a little harder to get whole books finished.

How was your month?

best, sunday salon, and more:

Sunday Salon: September Wrap-Up + TIME