Merry Wanderer of the Night + weekly geeks

Weekly Geeks 2010-38: Antique Books

The other day I was noticing the old books on my book shelf. Old, meaning books that were "born" a long long time ago. Books that were published AND printed a long long time ago. (Not simply books that have been sitting on our shelves forever!)And it made me wonder what old books other readers have in their collection.

So this week, write a post sharing with us what old antique books you may have on your shelves, and tell us the story behind them. Did you inherit from a relative? Are you a collector of old and rare books? Did you just discover a certain book in a used book store and couldn't pass it up? What's the very oldest book you have? Do you even like old books? Or do they creep you out? Do you read and enjoy your old books, or is it more a "look and don't touch" thing?

Be sure to come back and share your post in the Mr. Linky!

(P.S. Sorry this week's geek is a day late. I have no excuse except I forgot, despite the reminder that went out just a few days ago... and despite that I even remember thinking about Weekly Geeks yesterday and wondered what the topic was! Silly me.)

TIME, and more:

Weekly Geeks 2010-38: Antique Books + weekly geeks