Merry Wanderer of the Night + TIME

Bookish Crafts: Pamphlets

I'm currently taking a bookbinding class, which means I've spent the last two weeks learning the basics of bookmaking. This means pamphlets. I made six pamphlets, two each of three different kinds. Here are the fruits of my labor:

All of my books in a row.

French folds, or folding the cover over the book so the stitching does not show.

Double pamphlet (two groups of pages) with a wrapper cover (cover wraps around end sheets).

Fore-edge turn ins, two different end sheets with a cover wrapping around the first end sheet.

Chain stitches on the fore-edge turn ins.
I'm pretty pleased with the way all of these turned out. The bigger books were my first go around and they didn't turn out as well as the smaller books my second time. If I were going to do things over I would make smaller books for my first try and use more supplies on my second tries. Live and learn.

Have you ever made a book? Would you like to?

I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you make a purchase using one of my links I will earn a small percentage which will then go back into this blog.

bookbinding, crafts, and more:

Bookish Crafts: Pamphlets + TIME