Merry Wanderer of the Night + TIME

Sunday Salon: Spring Break Reading

It is finally spring break! I'm not going anywhere this week because my parents are in London so I am watching their dog. I'm planning on spending a lot of time reading (as well as a lot of time at various medical institutions, trying to get all check-ups). I brought fifteen books home to read. I'm hoping to finish five this week.

1. Nineteen Eighty-Four

(I can't believe I still haven't read this!
2. A Thread of Sky: A Novel

for review.
3. A Doll's House for a Year of Feminist Reading. This is actually a reread.
4. Twentysomething Essays by Twentysomething Writers: The Best New Voices of 2006

5. The Wild Things

by Dave Eggers.
6. The Art of the Personal Essay: An Anthology from the Classical Era to the Present

. I brought this home to read E.B. White's essays per the recommendation of my friend Katherine.
7. Michel de Montaigne - The Complete Essays for my Montaigne readalong.
8. Blankets

9. Any Human Heart

. I start this before midterms and put it down once exams started. I'm about a third of the way in.
10. I Is an Other for review. I started this before midterms as well and put it down.
11. The Complete Essex County

12. Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life. I just realized I might be reading this for Leif Reads later, so might not start it right now.
13. The Control of Nature

by John McPhee-- one of my favorite writers.
14. Coop: A Family, a Farm, and the Pursuit of One Good Egg.
15. Slow Death by Rubber Duck: The Secret Danger of Everyday Things

, which I'm currently reading for Leif Reads. (Not pictured).

Are there any books here I must read before spring break ends? What are you reading this week?

I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you make a purchase using one of my links I will earn a small percentage which will then go back into this blog.

best, LIFE, lists, novel, and more:

Sunday Salon: Spring Break Reading + TIME