Merry Wanderer of the Night + weekend

Sunday Salon: Ban Lifted

My book buying ban is finally over! I bought quite a few books over the weekend though, so now I'm starting to think I shouldn't buy any more books until school gets out. To be fair I only bought four books though, my mom came to visit and bought me some books while we were shopping. So I really didn't do that bad on my first weekend back to book buying. Here is what I ended up with:

1. An American Childhood

by Annie Dillard. I just finished Teaching a Stone to Talk: Expeditions and Encounters

and was really impressed by Dillard's writing.
2. So when I saw An American Childhood and Pilgrim at Tinker Creek by Annie Dillard on the buy 2 get 1 free table I couldn't pass it up. My mom got the third book.
3. Missouri

by Christine Wunnicke was on a display for GLBT books. I thought it looked interesting because it was a western about two gay men in Missouri. We'll see how I like it.
4. My friend Katherine told me I might enjoy Essays of E.B. White

, so I decided to get that when I saw it in the essays section.
5. Unfamiliar Fishes

by Sarah Vowell. I've heard so much about Sarah Vowell I thought I might as well give her a shot even though I originally planned on listening to her audio. My copy has two book jackets, I assume by mistake. Anyone else ever get a book with two book jackets on it?
6. After I picked up Unfamiliar Fishes I saw The Wordy Shipmates

as a bargain book, so I got that too.
7. The previous six books I got when I was with my mom. Nothing to Envy: Ordinary Lives in North Korea

by Barbara Demick I got on my own. Kim's review at Sophisticated Dorkiness has had me wanting this book for a long time. In fact, Kim influenced me to want several books during my book buying ban.
8. Annabel has been all over the blogosphere since it came out in January and I think it sounds like a fantastic fiction book.
9. Not pictured, I also got And Hell Followed With It: Life and Death in a Kansas Tornado

, which I also heard of from Kim and The Only Dance in Iowa: A History of Six-Player Girls' Basketball

.

So apparently I pretty much caught up for not getting any books for one month. I think I should probably read ten more books before I can go book shopping again! Did you get any books this week?

I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you make a purchase using one of my links I will earn a small percentage which will then go back into this blog.

book buying ban, fantastic, history, LIFE, sunday salon, TIME, and more:

Sunday Salon: Ban Lifted + weekend