Merry Wanderer of the Night + TIME

BookExpo America and Book Blogger Convention

I'm taking a little advice from Reagan at Miss Remmers' Review today and announcing my trip to New York. BookExpo America and the Book Blogger Convention are less than two weeks away, which is so hard to believe. I booked my hostel, ordered my plane tickets, and bought my entrance to the expo back in February but I haven't thought about it too much because I have been so busy with school and work. Now it's right around the corner and I'm running around trying to figure out what I need to take!

For those of you who don't know, BookExpo America is the largest publishing trade show in the United States. It takes place once a year and lately it's been in New York City. At the end of the week there is a Book Blogger Convention where bloggers from all across the country come to meet and talk about what we love: blogging. There will be authors, publishers, booksellers and the like there to talk about what they do and what they have coming up in the next year.

This is my first time going to BEA but I'll have the lovely ladies I met at the Twin Cities Book Festival there. Kim from Sophisticated Dorkiness, Sheila from Book Journey, and Reagan have all been super helpful with tips on what to expect. I'm a little nervous because this is the first trip I've ever planned and taken on my own, but I'm also really excited!

Are you going to BEA this year? If you are we should meet! Email me at englishmajorjunkfood (AT) yahoo (DOT) com if you want to exchange phone numbers or contact information. Or if you're going and just want to say hey leave a comment. What I'm most looking forward to at BEA is meeting other bloggers in real life--and that includes you! This is what I look like if you're trying to find me:

Keep in mind I am six feet tall, so I will probably stick out a bit. I usually do. My name is Ash. I bold this because some people out there will ask me if my name is Ashley. You are reading this right now and so you will not have to ask me if I go by Ash or Ashley. You will know already that I go by Ash and that it's really best to leave it at that. And yes, I've heard the Pokemon joke already. Okay, moving on...

I arrive in New York on Tuesday and leave on Saturday. Especially let me know if you come in on Tuesday as well!

Please let me know if you'll be at BEA as well so I can get excited about meeting you!

I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you make a purchase using one of my links I will earn a small percentage which will then go back into this blog.

best, book blogger convention, book blogs, book expo america, LIFE, New York City, and more:

BookExpo America and Book Blogger Convention + TIME