Merry Wanderer of the Night + TIME

Sunday Salon: Short Books Update
The Sunday Salon.com

Last week I announced a self-challenge I'm undertaking in the month of May. I'm reading books that are approximately 200 pages or less for the entire month. I'm happy to say that it's gone extremely well this week-- I've already finished four books! I read Missouri

and The Only Dance in Iowa: A History of Six-Player Girls' Basketball

, which I recently purchased, and Lonesome Traveler and Summer Rain

, which I've had on my shelves since high school. It was a double whammy for me because Summer Rain and Missouri are both books in translation, which helps me on my goal of reading ten books in translation for my Day Zero Challenge. All in all it was a successful week of reading. Have any of you started reading short books for this month? I'd love to hear about your progress or plans!

I have four days left of my semester. I've been a little slow with blogging lately so I'm looking forward to being in the swing of things again. I actually don't have too much work this week. I have a five page comic to finish today, a Renaissance poetry take home final to finish tomorrow, and an entrepreneurship exam on Thursday evening. Then I will be free of this semester! Next year will be the final year of my undergraduate career. It's going to be a weird one since I'm taking almost the minimum amount of semester hours and in the fall I'll only be in one English class. I'm pursuing certificates in nonprofit management and fundraising and philanthropy; next year most of my classes will be in those certificate programs.

And on a final note, I'd like to wish a happy mother's day to all the moms out there who read my blog. I'd also like to say happy mother's day to my own mother who always spoiled me with books, my Grandma Marilyn who taught me to read, and my Grandma Sheree who has always supported my love of reading. Best moms in the world!

I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you make a purchase using one of my links I will earn a small percentage which will then go back into this blog.

best, happy, history, LIFE, love story, and more:

Sunday Salon: Short Books Update + TIME