Merry Wanderer of the Night + TIME

Weekly Geeks 2011- 22: Worldly Reading

I've just returned home from a big trip that included driving across much of the (USA) country. While out and about I found myself wanting to read about the areas and places I was seeing, in fact, I sometimes wish I could collect a book from each state and city I come across that tells of its history, culture and personality.

Which brings me to the question of the week... what book/novel would you suggest for someone like me, someone interested in learning about your state, city and/or country? What book do you think is perfect for presenting the history and culture of your place of residence in the most perfect and interesting way?

If you can't think of something for your own home, perhaps you've read something from another place that you feel should be mentioned as worthy to be on this list.

I look forward to your answers and hopefully we can come up with a fun list where lots of different places are represented!

history, hope, LIFE, novel, and more:

Weekly Geeks 2011- 22: Worldly Reading + TIME