Merry Wanderer of the Night + shelf discovery

Shelf Discovery Book Challenge

Today I found out about yet another great book challenge going around. It is crazy that I found out about Shelf Discovery today because I posted my favorite books from childhood. Shelf Discovery: The Teen Classics We Never Stop Reading is a book by Lizzie Skurnick. The challenge is to read this book as well as six classics from the list in the book. What a great challenge! It is also running for six months, so that only comes out to one book a month which makes it easy to include in all the other challenges. To find out more check out Booking Mama's blog here.

I have not read the book yet but based on the table of contents I will be reading the following six books:

My Sweet Audrina by V.C. Andrews
A Little Princess by Francis Hodgson Burnett
Hangin' Out With Cici by Francine Pascal
Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
Are You there God? It's Me Margaret by Judy Blume
Harriet the Spy by Louise Fitzhugh

The only book I have already read is Little House on the Prairie so this should be a great way to broaden my teenage horizons. Also, this is my last year as a teenager (two more months to go!) so this will be a nice farewell for me.

challenges, children's books, reading, and more:

Shelf Discovery Book Challenge + shelf discovery