Merry Wanderer of the Night + weekend

Twilight, by Stephenie Meyer

I recently read an article that discussed how more adults are reading young adult fiction than ever before. I trace this back to the amazing Harry Potter books by J.K Rowling.

I became one of these such adults this weekend, when I finally read book one of the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. I was skeptical when I started reading...I didn't think I would be drawin in, but not 20 pages in and I was hooked.

Seventeen year-old Isabella moves to a small town in Washington. A quiet, dull, boring town, so she thinks. That is, until she meets Edward, a classmate of hers that just happens to be a vampire. Edward's "coven" aren't just any ordinary vampires--they've given up feasting on human blood and instead decide to hunt animals.

The romance and suspense draw the reader in immediately. The descriptive language captivates the reader...no matter their age.

review, TIME, and more:

Twilight, by Stephenie Meyer + weekend