Merry Wanderer of the Night + Winner

Injured by a Book, Part Two

So, I went to see an orthopedist today. I was in more pain than I thought I should be. He ordered new X-rays. So, not only did I strain my ankle, break a few toes, but apparently I have stress fractures all throughout my foot and ankle. Nice, eh? I've been attempting to walk on this ankle all week. Afterall, the ER doc stated that he strain/sprain in my ankle was very minor, and I was told that I could put weight on it. Not so much! So, now I'm forced to wear an air/walking cast (AKA DAS BOOT!)for at least ten days. After that, I have to wear a special ankle brace. When I'm allowed to wear a shoe again, I've been "prescribed" these hideous clog-looking shoes.

Those who know me well know how much I love shoes. I have quite an addiction. All of my shoes are in clear plastic, labeled shoe boxes. All of those shoes will be collecting dust for a few months :(.

Ok..so the book part of this post! I've been reading, but due to the pain meds I've been on I haven't been able to write my reviews. I'm off the meds now and hope to be able to write again tonight and tomorrow!

Also, you still have time to enter my awesome audio book contest! I'll announce the winner tomorrow!

Blog Post, Contest, hope, and more:

Injured by a Book, Part Two + Winner