Merry Wanderer of the Night + TIME

Gifts for English Majors

This isn't so much gifts for English Majors as it is stuff that I really, really want that is kind of related to being an English Major. But isn't that how these lists always turn out?

1. Peeramid Bookrest.

They have these downtown and I want one so bad, except the ones downtown are a lot prettier. I always read on my bed and my arms get tired when I have to hold my book up all the time. I asked for one of these but I don't think my parents understood what I meant. Perhaps I'll get one for myself after Christmas. If I was good at sewing then I would make the reading pillow that Dreadlock Girl made. Even you haven't seen it then you can check it out here.
2. Literary Note Cards, I particularly want the Bronte Sisters Note Cards.

I still write letters to my grandma and I love pretty stationary. I actually need to write her a letter this afternoon and I wish I had a nice Bronte note card to send her. She doesn't really know about the Brontes but I think the pictures are nice. Besides, when I become a famous writer and people want to read my letters to find out who I was I don't want them to find ugly stationary! (Insert hysterical laughter here).
3. Classic Novel Posters, like this ridiculously overpriced Mrs. Dalloway print. I happen to have the cheaper On the Road poster and I get quite a few compliments on it. These are nice because they're not too postery, if you know what I mean. You can frame them and they look like nice art work and not boy band posters.
4. I already have this, but Secret Lives of Great Authors: What Your Teachers Never Told You About Famous Novelists, Poets, and Playwrights

is a great gift book for book lovers. I use it sometimes before I take a class about an author so I can get the dirt on them. Plus then you can say interesting things in class, depending on who your teacher is as some of the things are quite dirty. Like James Joyce's sex life!
5. Literary Action Figures, I am personally dying to have this Jane Austen Action Figure.

They are kind of stupid and I'm not sure what I would do with one, but I think they make nice gifts. I wouldn't mind having a Jane Austen action figure on my desk. I might have deep conversations with her or perhaps she could help me on my papers.

english major, gifts, LIFE, novel, and more:

Gifts for English Majors + TIME