Merry Wanderer of the Night + weekend

The Sunday Salon: Readathon Recovery
The Sunday Salon.com

Well I made it through twenty hours of Dreadlock Girl's Readathon. I was happy with that, I think I could have made it all 24 hours if my boyfriend wouldn't have been snoring. The readathon made this past week a lot more successful than it would have been otherwise since I've mostly been working on papers lately. I should actually be working on papers right now, but I just woke up so I'm trying to ease myself in. Once I get to Wednesday though I will be D-O-N-E!!! Then I will be reading a lot, which will be nice.

On Monday I posted a review of Do Travel Writers Go to Hell? by Thomas Kohnstamm. It wasn't a very favorable review because I thought the book was ridiculous trash, so if you like reading that sort of thing or if you just like reading reviews then you should check that one out. I do wonder if it's something I'm not getting because I'm not really a partier or a guy?

Wednesday I did my first children's book review of Boris and Bella by Carolyn Crimi. I loved this book and couldn't resist posting about it even though I normally do not write about children's books. I think I might start posting about them more often though as I read several in the course of a week. This will probably be a change I will make more around January because I'm almost done with tutoring for this semester.

This leads me into my next post, which is the epitome of all my challenge posts: the 2010 Reading Resolutions Challenge hosted by Jenny Loves to Read. In this post I list all of the challenges I will be participating in next year as well as some changes I would like to make in my reading habits or on my blog.

Yesterday I read and finished three books which I will be reviewing this week. The books are Are You There God? It's me Margaret by Judy Blume, Jane and the Unpleasantness at Scargrave Manor by Stephanie Barron, and Shirley Volume One by Kaoru Mori. I started In a Gilded Cage by Rhys Bowen which I should be finishing this week and will hopefully have reviewed by next weekend. Today I am finishing Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen and will most likely review that book on Monday. Lots of good stuff coming up this week so be sure to come back!

Finally I would like to send some shout outs and thank yous. Thanks to Dreadlock Girl for hosting the readathon and to I Heart Monster, Beth Fish Reads, Seriously Reading, Ronnica at Book Nook Club, Reads4Pleasure, Chick Loves Lit, and Tif Talks Books for hosting some great memes and/or giveaways during the readathon. And a special thanks goes out to Perpetual Spiral who was my main partner in crime during the readathon. Happy Reading!

giveaway, happy, hope, rrreadathon, sunday salon, and more:

The Sunday Salon: Readathon Recovery + weekend