Merry Wanderer of the Night + young adult

Teaser Tuesdays (Jan. 5)

Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by Should Be Reading.

I am reading my last book for my 19 Going on 20 Challenge this week. It is Sorcery & Cecelia, Or The Enchanted Chocolate Pot. Here is my teaser:

"The investiture itself is a brief and simple ceremony, a matter of presenting the honored newcomers to the college with a blue sash, a silver medallion, and a daub of scented oil between the eyebrows. That, repeated twelve times in rapid succession, would hardly provide entertainment enough for an entire afternoon, so the college expanded the ceremony with a choir of boys from the abbey school and a detachment of Royal Guardsmen to arch their sabers over the wizards as they approached the dais for investiture." (20).

Is it just me, or does it seem like most historical YA books have some element of magic in them?

teaser tuesdays, TIME, and more:

Teaser Tuesdays (Jan. 5) + young adult