Merry Wanderer of the Night + TIME

Readathon Hour 1

I've been reading for one hour and I'm already off to a good start! I decided to take a quick break and check out the Readathon site and do whatever challenges are post. Miss Remmers' Mini-Challenge is to talk about your kick-off strategy. I'm not really surrounded by anything right now, but I did know I wanted to start off with Fahrenheit 451 since it was the heaviest book in my pile but still short. I should still be able to accomplish something early in the day, but I'm also reading the hardest book while I'm still fresh. I made myself a pillow fort on my bed because I knew I wouldn't want to get out of bed at seven o'clock in the morning, so all I had to do was wake up, grab my book, and start reading. Eventually my tummy started to growl, so that is when I decided to stop, have a pop-tart, and do this mini-challenge.

On the Dewey website they asked you to answer the following questions for hour one:
Where are you reading from today? Since waking up an hour ago I've been reading Fahrenheit 451.
3 facts about me … I am a sophomore at the University of Iowa. I have flowers on my desk but they are starting to wilt. I read about museums for fun.
How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours? 6
Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)? I would really like to finish the Shelf Discovery Challenge today, we'll see.

Well I'm back to read for awhile. I'll be back in a few hours!

april readathon, and more:

Readathon Hour 1 + TIME