Merry Wanderer of the Night + TIME

Sunday Salon: Mother's Day
The Sunday Salon.com

Happy mother's day to all of the moms out there! My grandmother was a huge influence on my love of reading and I get to see her today. We have a special bond because she taught me how to read and we have the same birthday (which, if you buy into zodiac, explains some of the similarities in our personalities). My mother supports my book buying habit and has been for fifteen years. Basically moms are great, and if you are a mom I hope you have a special day.

As I've mentioned the past couple of weeks it's getting close to the end of the semester so I don't have as much time for reading as a normally do. That being said, I am reading two awesome books right now. Sunflowers by Sheramy Bundrick and Scrolling Forward: Making Sense of Documents in the Digital Age by David Levy. Also, this week I'm planning on reviewing The Hunger Games and Catching Fire, so be sure to check back for my thoughts on those!

This week I reviewed Chicken With Plums and I'm Sorry You Feel That Way. I also posted about my experience as a children's reading tutor in A Tutor's Diary. In case you did check out that post I'll give you a little update. Friday was my last day as a tutor and Friday night was the Year End Celebration for the program. I tutored two children this semester and only one came, but it was so awesome to hear from his mom about how much he has improved! He read a book he wrote to the other parents and kids from the school and I could tell he was nervous, but I'm still proud of him for getting up and doing it. I also got him a book and some bookmarks which he seemed to like. I'm really sad that tutoring is over with now, but I'm glad I had the experience.

happy, hope, sunday salon, and more:

Sunday Salon: Mother's Day + TIME