Merry Wanderer of the Night + weekend

Sunday Salon: August Wrap-Up
The Sunday Salon.com

August was a bit of a whirlwind month for me. I was so busy with packing and unpacking and decorating and throwing a potluck and buying books for school that I just didn't have a whole lot of time for reading. I welcomed Labor Day weekend because I had to go home and dog sit for my parents. This has given me a little alone time for reading. In August I read

1. The Miracles of Prato by Laurie Albanese and Laura Morowitz (C)
2. Finny by Justin Kramon (A)
3. Fun Home by Alison Bechdel (A)
4. In Cold Blood by Truman Capote (B)
5. The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger (A)
6. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (A)
7. Sleeping Naked is Green by Vanessa Farquharson (D)
8. A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson (B)

So 8 books, which isn't horrible, and based on my rating it was a pretty successful reading month. Only two books fell below the B line. Some of the books I read were ones I've been meaning to get to for a long time: In Cold Blood, Fun Home, The Catcher in the Rye, and A Walk in the Woods. So with that it was a success. Finny was a delightful surprise and Mockingjay was of course long awaited. You want to know what is really amazing though? I finished most of these books after school started! None of my classes have full length books we're reading, so while I do have a lot of reading assignments I'm not spending a lot of time reading books for class. So far this is working well for me because it's giving me more time to read on my own. We'll see how it goes for the rest of the semester.

How was your August?

sunday salon, TIME, and more:

Sunday Salon: August Wrap-Up + weekend