Merry Wanderer of the Night + TIME

Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay Update

I actually started The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay

this week and I'm about fifty pages into the 550 pages. What can I say? Midterms took over my life for awhile. We're halfway through the month though and I wondered how other people are doing on the book? The official end date isn't until November 1, so if you haven't started (or haven't joined!) there is still plenty of time to read the book. You don't even have to have the book finished by November 1, just know that this is when I will post the end post.

From what I've read so far in the book it is excellent. The opening scene is of Kavalier and Clay meeting each other for the first time and they have so much in common. Sam Klayman is sleeping at night when all of a sudden his door swings open and his mother is standing in the doorway with another boy, Josef Kavalier. It turns out it's his cousin who has come from Nazi-invaded Prague. I read some of this on the back of the book, but I didn't realize that Kavalier was escaping Nazis when I first picked up this book, so his role as an escape artist is even more interesting to me now.

Have you read this book? Are you joining the readalong? You can sign up at the original post.

I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you make a purchase using one of my links I will earn a small percentage which will then go back into this blog.

LIFE, read along, and more:

Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay Update + TIME