Merry Wanderer of the Night + weekend

Sunday Salon: Cheating
The Sunday Salon.com

I read a lot of nonfiction, but sometimes when it feels like I've read tons of nonfiction books in a row I get a strong desire to cheat. Usually on weekend mornings when I want to read in bed a book about the environment or a memoir just aren't going to cut it for me that morning. I want an escape, something I will sink into my pillows with and forget that I'm wearing pajamas. When that desire happens it seems like I almost always reach for a YA novel.

This is exactly what happened yesterday morning. I've been working my way through Triumph of the City

for a couple weeks and I really love it. I'm going to review it later this week and I'm talking about it on my podcast because I'm just that enthusiastic about it. But on a Saturday morning I felt like cheating. Not thinking about cities or the environment and just think about something fun. I knew exactly what the perfect book was too, Bright Young Things

. I bought this book the day it came out because I loved Anna Godbersen's Luxe series. I was completely devastated when the series ended and couldn't wait to read what she had next. The second book in Bright Young Things doesn't come out until September though, so I've put off reading it a little bit. I can already tell I'm going to have the same experience with Bright Young Things, I can't put the first book down.

Of course now I need to finish Triumph of the City quickly because I have a review obligation with TLC Book Tours, so I probably should have finished it earlier. I don't feel guilty. Bright Young Things is exactly what I needed this weekend.

What kind of books do you pick up when you're looking to cheat? Do you cheat on your books, or do you just power through until the end?

I am an Amazon Affiliate. If you make a purchase using one of my links I will earn a small percentage which will then go back into this blog.

novel, sunday salon, TIME, and more:

Sunday Salon: Cheating + weekend