Merry Wanderer of the Night + weekly geeks

Weekly Geeks - 5 : Blurry Book Disorder

B.B.D. (Blurry Book Disorder) : When one can no longer keep characters and storylines straight. Often brought on by reading multiple books from the same genre in a short period of time.

By the end of last year, I had a terrible case of B.B.D. I was mixing up couples, plot points, and even authors. Not only was I reading far too many books at that point (yes, I said too many - even I didn't know there was such a thing), but I was also reading a lot of books from the same genre. I would really love to work not getting to that point this year.

So here is my general plan for avoiding B.B.D. in 2011:

  • alternate genres with each book if possible - I'd really like to follow each YA I read with an adult book even if it's from the same genre, this really helps me.
  • read at least one book a month from a genre outside of my norm - I'm hoping that by expanding my reading horizons, I'll be better able to remember storylines.
Now I want to know how you avoid B.B.D. and reading ruts!

love story, TIME, and more:

Weekly Geeks - 5 : Blurry Book Disorder + weekly geeks