Merry Wanderer of the Night + TIME

Bout of Books!!

So, as some of you might know/remember, I'm a bit of a read-a-thon junkie. I totally love them and when I have time, I do awesome. But in January, I started a new job, one that takes up a significantly larger portion of my time and energy than any other job I've had before (and the fact that I have to drive for 40+ min just to get to work doesn't help much). So, I'm still trying to figure out how to balance job with fun with books with life with not coming home and crashing the second I walk through the door.

I haven't participated in a read-a-thon in ages. I almost cried when I realized in the middle of a Saturday that it was the Dewey 24 hour read-a-thon, I had had no idea it was happening, and I still had to work. It was pretty tragic. So, I'm *hoping* that this week, I will be able to successfully participate in the Bout of Books Read-a-thon!

Normally, for a week long read-a-thon, my goal would be in the double digits. (I mean, seriously. I've read 10 before for the Dewey Read-a-thon in one day.) BUT. I'm being realistic here. Considering that I've only read 18 books this whole year (2 of which are picture books, 2 are Calvin and Hobbes and 2 are graphic novels I read standing up in Barnes and Noble while on a lunch break) I think I'm being plenty ambitious hoping for one book a day (and even that might be a stretch right now).

The Read-a-thon goes from Monday to Sunday, so I'm hoping to read 7 books. And, I'm really going to have to try and push. So any words of encouragement here or on Twitter are greatly appreciated. I definitely need some extra mojo to get me back into the habit of reading! (and blogging, but that's a different post...)

My potential read-a-thon reads:

After the Snow by S.D. Crockett
Freshman Year and Other Natural Disasters by Meredith Zetlin
The Photo Album by K.B. Dixon
Karma by Cathy Ostlere (verse novels FTW)
Triangles by Ellen Hopkins (see above)
Lexapros and Cons by Aaron Karo
In Honor by Jessi Kirby (see — reading funk... I've been dying for this book for ages but haven't read it yet.: ()
Black Juice by Margo Lanagan (Printz Honor book)
A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
The Dirt by Lori Culwell
Liar by Justine Larbalestier

Hopefully, I will remember to come update my progress. Well, really, hopefully there will be progress!: P

Anyone else participating? I'd love to hear from you! Good luck to you! (And to me!:) )

art, hope, LIFE, novel, read-a-thon, and more:

Bout of Books!! + TIME