Merry Wanderer of the Night + writing

NANO Update: Day Three

So far this year's Nanowrimo is going much better than last year's. I'm actually keeping up with my story and coming up with a pretty good plot. Last year I tried to write a Western which I think was a little ambitious on my part considering I have read very few Westerns. This year does not require any research on my part, but I'm not getting bored because there are some twists in the story that are making it fun for me to write. I'm trying to only write the suggested word count for the days right now, if I get too excited and write all the time I know I will get burnt out on it.

My story has changed a little bit because of something that happened to me. Yesterday I feel down a bunch of stairs and twisted my ankle, so now I cannot walk very well and my ankle looks humongous. In a sense it was a good thing though because it made me come up with a better way for my two main character's to meet.

I started a discussion in the Young Adult genre forum about how old everyone is. Most of the YA writers who responded were in their twenties, but a lot of them said they had younger siblings that helped inspire them to write YA stories. I do not have this luxury, my main characters are both seniors in high school since that is not too far away from where I am now (but far enough thank goodness!). I'm actually really enjoying writing characters that are in high school because it was a time of my life that I despised. This is my main motivation and inspiration for writing these characters. I feel like I understand their angst.

Word Count Thus Far: 5015

challenges, LIFE, nanowrimo, TIME, and more:

NANO Update: Day Three + writing