Merry Wanderer of the Night + reading

Deep Bookish Questions

I felt like posting today, but really had nothing to post since I'm a bit defunct right now and I'm trying to save up reviews for when I get back in school. I saw this post at Books and Movies this week and decided to do this myself!

Book next to your bed right now: Shortcomings by Adrian Tomine, Armadale by Wilki Collins, and I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou.
Favorite series: Recently my favorite series is probably The Luxe series by Anna Godbersen. Otherwise probably Harry Potter.
Favorite book: Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, Middlemarch by George Eliot, On the Road by Jack Kerouac, and A Long Way Down by Nick Hornby.
The one book you would have with you if stranded on a desert island: Right now I'd say Shirley by Charlotte Bronte as it is quite long and I have yet to read it.
Book/series you would take with you on a long flight: Well I just went on a fairly short flight and I took The Creation of Eve by Lynn Cullen on my flight in (great plane reading!) and I took The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath (not so great plane reading, but still enjoyable). If I were going on another flight tomorrow I would take Just Kids by Patti Smith. I just got it and after listening to her on Bookworm with Michael Silverblatt I'm really excited to read it.
Worst book you were made to read in school: No contest: Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell. That book made me question my love of reading.
Book that everyone should be made to read in school: The Stranger by Albert Camus.
Book that everyone should read, period: The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky.
Favorite character: Mr. Rochester.
Best villain: Count Fosco in The Woman in White.
Favorite concept series: I'll tell you as soon as you tell me what a concept series is.
Favorite invented world: I'm not sure if it's really an invented world but it's definitely a different world. A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore.
Most beautifully written book: The Awakening by Kate Chopin.
Funniest book: Ophelia Joined the Group Maidens Who Don't Float was hilarious.

best, blogging, Contest, meme, and more:

Deep Bookish Questions + reading