Merry Wanderer of the Night + TIME

Weekly Geeks - 2010-08: What Is It About “THAT” Author

I ask my followers on my blog E.H. On Books N' More a few weeks ago to tell me about why they love the authors that they do. I said

This topic relates to my son and I going to the latest release of Derek Landy book – The Faceless One a few months ago. This book forms a part of the Skulduggery Pleasant series. From the moment the book blurb hit the internet my child went gaga….

Fast-forward almost ten months later and it’s release day and I am being hauled to HMV at 8.30am for a book that cost 22 Pounds – yup you heard me right 22 quid.

We got there so early not even the boxes were unpacked as yet so we joined the little queue that was there. People, when my son got his hardback in his hand he literally hyperventilated – seriously, we had to sit down for a good half an hour for him to settle down.

During this time he was clutching this book to his chest like manna from heaven.

I remembered asking him what is it about this book and this author that makes you go mental. He told me Landy writes like he is writing to him and of all the books that he has read even the ones that has not gotten rave reviews Landy’s books were just perfect for him…

How could I not think my 22 quid was well spent after that.

This brings me to today's Weekly Geeks questions.

  • Tell your readers what is it about "an" author that you are most passionate about, that have you coming back for more from them, following their every blog post – literally blackmailing people to read their books?
  • Who are some of your all time favourite authors?
  • And what is it about them that makes you keep going back for more?
Be as creative as you want with this topic, use excerpt if you wish to convey the authors style, Use pic as necessary and make your readers see why you love the authors you do.

Remember to come back and let us know how you got on..

LIFE, release, and more:

Weekly Geeks - 2010-08: What Is It About “THAT” Author + TIME