Merry Wanderer of the Night + studying

Studying for Midterms?

So I have been studying for my American History midterm for two hours now, and after searching on the Internet I have realized that there really aren't very many ways to study for things. My test isn't multiple choice, it's a combination of essay questions and defining key terms. The best way to study for this exam seems to be to do exactly what the test will ask me to do, but this hurts my wrist. I typed up the "right" answers and have read over those, but I tend to not soak in information very well through reading. I have a strong desire to go back to high school with the study tables and pre-made study guides. Oh yeah, and multiple choice tests.

I did find one website which was kind of neat though. I love crossword puzzles and Crossword Puzzle Games allows you to make your own crossword puzzles with whatever words and hints you want. It only lets you use twenty words and I had to make a couple different ones because not all of the words fit on one puzzle, but it's kind of a neat tool. If nothing else you will type in the clues which helps you dip back into the definitions of the key terms.

Otherwise I've made a study guide for myself in word by writing paragraphs about the key terms and then taking out words and putting in blanks. I've used this before and I don't know how much it really helps me, but it's better than just rereading everything because I know that doesn't help me at all. I'm a fairly passive textbook reader.

So how about you? How are you or do you study for midterms? Any tips to share with the rest of us?

best, english major, history, love story, and more:

Studying for Midterms? + studying