Merry Wanderer of the Night + TIME

Weekly Geeks 2010-30: – Who Do You Connect With

I did this post last year at my place E.H. On Books N' More and I thought it was an appropriate post for today. With the summer drawing to an end, we are now going to begin to spend more time indoors, the kids are back to school and most of us have some sort of schedule to our days - but what of our reading ?

I visited a new blogger that I am following and the phrase below jumped right up and hit me – literally. I am not sure where the blogger is going with his blog yet, as this is literally his second post.

This is the phrase
“We didn't get any reading done tonight. I told Jack we must read some tomorrow! It connects us somehow. I can't explain it, but it does. It's good to do things together”
Shayne © This and That
I can’t explain why that phrase made such an impact, could it be that reading has become a solitary venture to lose myself in. Do I use it as my own private time – to the exclusion of all else.
Does my own action not invite people in to share my world. When did I forget the joys of sharing the written word with someone other than the people at the end of the keyboard. Can I remember the last time I actually connect with a ‘real person”.
Honestly so much is rattling around in my brain – reading is such a big part and has always been a big part of my life, but other than the kids and eventually they find their own groove when it comes to reading. I don’t read with anyone and I refuse to minimise what I love to suit anyone else. I however miss exactly what that phrase is saying - “It connects us somehow”
Firstly, have you come across a phrase recently that has made just such an impact. And secondly – who do you read with, if you don’t read with anyone –WHY NOT?.

Have a look at my original post to see what the team and I said about our reading HERE.

Anwswer either or both part to this weeks question. Wishing you all a great week.

Please add your links to comments - until Ms. Linky gets placed on the post.

LIFE, and more:

Weekly Geeks 2010-30: – Who Do You Connect With + TIME