Merry Wanderer of the Night + TIME

Movies and Books

Even though it’s usually a mistake (grin) … do movies made out of books make you want to read the original?

Sometimes. I generally don't read a book just because there is a movie coming out, but if it's a book I want to read anyway the fact that a movie is coming out encourages me to read it sooner. I've actually read two of my favorite books after reading the movie versions of them. High Fidelity and About a Boy were, and still are, two of my favorite movies. I watched them both several times before finding out they were based on books. Then I realized they were both based on books by the same author- Nick Hornby. I ran to the store to get the books, read them both (I like the book High Fidelity more but I think I like the movie About a Boy more), further fueling my obsession with Nick Hornby.

What do you think? Check out other answers at Booking Through Thursday.

booking through thursday, movies, and more:

Movies and Books + TIME