Merry Wanderer of the Night + TIME

Guest Review: Enchantment with Cynthia

Please give an extra special welcome to our guest blogger today! Cynthia blogs at Cynspiration, which is a crafting blog. She's pretty amazing, juggling 3 boys (all 5 and under) and crafting/sewing and reading and making sure everything runs smoothly. Cynthia is one of my very best friends, and she also happens to be my sister. (Ain't she purty?!) We talk books all the time, and I'm always interested to hear what she's reading next! So, here's the sister!!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I've spent my whole life loving fairy tales. I was always a Princess for Halloween, and the stories have stuck with me into adulthood. But, as I've grown, the stories I prefer to read have grown with me. I think that is why Enchantment has become one of my very favorite books. I read it several times a year.
I love how Orson Scott Card wove this tale, using the Baba Yaga stories from Old Russia and combining it with Sleeping Beauty. The story feels very unique to me every time I read it. The romance is clean bu believable. The love that started at first sight, grows into a lasting love that will stand the test of time.
I recommend Enchantment more often than any other book I have read, because I believe everyone will love it.
The story is told mostly from Ivan's point of view, which I found to be unique to the fairy tale genre, but it works so well. Following the hero helps flesh him out and makes him a character instead of an idea. The story if very full and thought-out. At the end of reading Enchantment, I never feel like something was left hanging or forgotten. The story is complete, enjoyable and never leave my to-be-read list. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ Thank you so much Cynthia! I read this book on my sister's recommendation a few years ago, and I loved it too! It is easily one of my favorite retellings as well! Be sure you check it out!

art, beauty, best, book, Event — Fairy Tale Fortnight, fairy tale, fairy tales, guest, LIFE, love story, review, and more:

Guest Review: Enchantment with Cynthia + TIME