Merry Wanderer of the Night + TIME

Want to be my penpal?!

I was talking to Jacinda on Twitter the other day and we were talking about mail and how awesome it is to receive it. So I got to thinking, how awesome would it be to set up a penpal system among blogger?! Have it set up so that people can send and receive letters from people all over the place. I thought it would be awesome to get a group of people together who just sent random letters throughout the month to awesome people. I love writing letters and I love receiving them. I mean, really. How awesome is that?! So what do you think? Want to be a penpal?!

Here is what I've been thinking — Here is how I'm thinking this could work. AND I'm TOTALLY open to suggestions. I WANT you to contribute, I WANT you to give me ideas, tell me what you think, tell me if it sucks etc.

SO — I really want this to be a positive experience for everyone involved. I don't want it to ever end up that a few people are getting all the letters and other people are getting nothing. So, to keep things fair and balanced, I was thinking that, at least initially until we see how things get moving, I would have a master list of everyone participating in the letter exchange. Name, address, how many letters you think you are send each month, where you are willing to send, how many people you want having access to your address, etc.

I will then organize it so that you receive roughly the number of letters that you send each month. So, if you sign up to mail 1-2 letters a month (or however often we do this) you will receive 1-2 letters a month. I understand that not everyone has the time or ability to write 15 letters a month, so this way, you are getting as much as you are putting in, no one is left out and no one ends up overwhelmed. You are, of course, welcome to mail a letter back to your penpal and begin a correspondence there completely independent of lists and schedules etc, but it will start as a fun way to interact with new people and get to know some bloggers in a way that doesn't always come across via the internet. And, it's also an excuse to use fun stationary, pens and stickers!:)

So, let me know if this is something that would interest you! I intend to do a follow up post soon, possibly as soon as tomorrow with a GoogleForm asking for more feedback and how many letters you think you'd be up for sending each month.

Please ask questions, leave suggestions, give feedback! I think this could be seriously awesome and SO much fun and I'd love to see this go well!! So, leave a comment here, in my blog to talk to me on Twitter, or send me an email at basicallyamazingbooks [at] gmail [dot] com Can't wait to see where this goes!!:)

art, penpal, random, and more:

Want to be my penpal?! + TIME